Cubic Consulting were tasked with the production of eight MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) courses for an Australian University that has established its own free online course (MOOC) business unit. Cubic was tasked with the design and production of these eight MOOC’s within an eight week period to meet the tight deadlines of the targeted launch date of the new business unit.
The Cubic team provided the following services:
• Instructional Design
• Graphical Design
• Video Production & Scripting
• Identification of assets that can be used in an open platform only with an assignment of rights and then obtain production rights or identify alternate assets
• Identification of activities not suitable for replication in an open platform because of dependencies such as unit-coordinator input
• Content & Media Development
• Content Delivery Structure/Navigation Design
• User Tracking & Communication Design
All eight MOOCS were completed within the tight eight week timeframe. The take up of these MOOCS has exceeded all expectations and student feedback surveys have indicated a very high satisfaction level.